Robot Software Engineer
Robot Software Engineer
Emancro’s mission is to build general-purpose hospital logistics robots that perform a wide variety of tasks such as organizing and distributing medication and medical supplies within hospitals. In this way, robots are freeing up medical staff’s time and enable better and more resilient patient care.
We are an ambitious and rapidly growing team pushing the boundaries of what is possible in robotics, leveraging our recent breakthroughs in computer vision, robotics and AI at UC Berkeley.
We are building EASO 1.0, the world's first mobile robot for restocking medication cabinets, and assembling medication trays in hospitals, which is a very labor intensive and error-prone task that many hospitals urgently want to automate. In the future, we will expand capabilities to a wide range of additional tasks in hospitals from automating the hospital lab to serving food.
You will closely work with the leadership team on designing various robot software components. This role is full-time on-site only.
- Configure and refine motion planning algorithms (e.g. write support for new type of cost function, use different kinds of QP-solver etc.)
- Integrate different types of software systems (e.g. loggers, visualizers)
- Building scalable and maintainable software architectures (write documentation, unit tests etc.)
- Extensive C++ (5 years+) and python (5 years+) software engineering experience
- 5 years+ experience writing production quality software within teams
- Expert-level understanding of ROS
- Experience with and expert-level understanding of motion planning algorithms (TrajOpt, sampling based methods such as RRT*) for arm motion planning and robot navigation
- Expert-level understanding of 3D geometry, transformations, rotations, quaternions etc.
- Experience with controlling non-linear dynamical systems, especially robot arms
- Understanding and experience with various linear and non-linear control methods (feedback linearization, Lyapunov methods etc.)
- Experience with mathematical modeling of dynamical systems
- Understanding of robot arm control methodologies, gravity and friction compensation
- Software engineering tools and methodologies
- Agile Software development
- Experience with real-time operating systems (vxWorks, FreeRTOS, or similar)
- Experience with multithreading and thread safety (scheduling, race conditions, etc.)
- Machine learning and computer vision
- Familiar with industrial standard compliance such as IEC 61508, ISO 14539, ISO/TS 15066
Compensations and Benefits
- Significant stock options
- Health and dental insurance included
Emancro is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status